Plan Now for Spring Planting











I use to be one of those gardeners that said I can hardly wait until spring.  I don't say that anymore because if you have a large garden you will have a ton of work to do to get everything prepped for the summer. The second reason is cost. In a previous blog post,  I talked about buying items like soil and equipment in October or in some cases November.  Why? because everyone loves a bargain. Last fall I was able to purchase 25-pound bags of brand name soil for as little as $1.50 a bag. A few days ago I came across something that I needed but could not find last summer.


This raised garden kit was inexpensive in part because it's February. Its dimensions are "84 X "42. I know what you're thinking. Why is the pot guy planning a raised garden? This will not be a replacement, it's an addition that will allow me to grow vegetable like cabbage, broccoli even watermelon. The best part is that you don't need tools to assemble it.  


Before you know it spring will be here. Don't take my word for it just looked at the pictures below. 

February 21st


















The other day my nephew Aaron asked "aren't you going to need to buy soil to fill the raised garden.?  Actually I don't because I took care of it last fall. .

Comments