Growing vegetables in raised gardens without spending a ton of money

Growing vegetables in raised gardens without spending a ton of money






















I love gardening in pots because they can be moved to where the sun is or carried out of harm's way when temperatures are too hot or cold. Pot gardening provides flexibility but there is one major drawback, large vegetables. Have you ever tried growing watermelons or pumpkins in pots?



This year in addition to growing in pots I have made a small investment in my first raised garden. Small because it only cost $39.95.  You still have to add soil which became an issue for me. I have lots of pots and because it's spring most of them were still empty. I decided to use the soil from my old pots to fill the raised garden but that only filled up one side of the raised garden.
I had to go out and buy 4 bags of soil which cost an additional $10.00 dollars which brought my total investment to $50.00 plus tax.


One thing to consider is the return on your investment. This new area will allow me to grow cabbage, watermelon, lettuce, cantaloupe, broccoli as well at other vegetables that need room to spread out. Remember that this is a long-term investment. Next year you will already be up and running. 

 

Please check out my step by step video on how it all happened.




Comments