Stress-free Gardening Part #3 Back to Basics















Back to basics


Spring is finally here. Over the past two weeks, I have laid out simple stress-free task to help kickstart your spring and summer garden.  Now it's time to check on the gardening tools you already have in your garage or tool shed. In a few short weeks, you will be able to plant your seeds or seedlings outdoors.


1. Garden hose
First things first. Take a look at the garden hose. Hook it up and turn it on to make sure there are no leaks that need to be repaired.




2. Water Cans
I like to have at least two water cans, one large and one small. A gallon of water weighs about 7 pounds. Smaller watering cans can get into cramped areas of your garden and they are less cumbersome to lug around.







3. Thermometers
I didn't realize how important thermometers were until I owned a more accurate digital one. Do not rely on those $5.00 cheapies that you see at the lawn and garden stores.

Note
Next weeks post will cover this in more detail.



4. Pots
In my world, you could never have enough pots. Last week I purchased a new pot. Yesterday I purchased a second new pot. Because I recycle old containers I have to replace things more often than those of you who only use new pots. The first pot I bought this season was a replacement but since my garden is expanding I add at least 2 containers every year. Generally speaking larger pots with drainage will cost you a little more. If you wait until late May or June you will have less of a selection and the prices will most likely be higher.

If you have read and followed the post in this series your basics gardening needs are covered.  A few weeks from now while other home gardeners are scrambling to get ready you can relax knowing that you will not have to deal with the stress of gearing up to grow your summer vegetables.


Check out my Youtube Channel 

Follow me on Facebook



Comments