Fall Harvest and Planting




The Frugal Gardeners Endless Summer Series

Fall Harvest and Planting

Call me strange but my favorite seasons to garden are spring and fall, especially fall. Why, because in the fall I am still harvesting vegetables but I am also planning for winter. Although today is the second day of fall I still have six tomatoes, three pots of ginger, one pot of sweet potatoes and at least six pots of habanero peppers and seven graffiti eggplants. Oh, I forgot to mention the three pumpkins. 

What’s so cool about fall gardening is that the work for everything I just mentioned has already been done. In fact, I planted the ginger in early spring. Most of what I am still growing is close to maturity meaning it needs a lot less attention especially since the dog days of summer are behind us.



So where do we go from here? I don’t believe in luck but for lack of a better word to describe what happened, I will say I was lucky. In my first year of gardening outdoors in winter, I was fortunate enough to have a mini greenhouse.


For more information please read The Frugal Gardener Presents Endless Summer 



Comments