Get Ready for Spring






Now that I have recovered from the brutal heat of last summer it's time to look forward. I know it's only January but in light of the fact that a significant portion of my garden was destroyed by the extremely hot weather it's time to make some major changes. Why now you ask, why not wait until spring? Well the answer is simple gardening supplies and equipment are less expensive in the winter. I am all about frugal gardening so now is the time to pick up on gardening bargains that will help save your plants later. I usually buy one item at a time which is easier on the budget. 




I avoid debates about global warming.What I know is that each summer has been as hot or hotter than the one before which tells me that 90 degree summer days and 75 degree summer nights are the new norm. This bums me out because I am a diehard gardener, hot weather is not going to make me quit, as you will see in future post I will adapt. I'm bummed because for years 


I have encouraged anyone who can walk and hold a pack of seeds to plant something. The problem is that it is becoming increasing harder to convince people to garden in the blistering summer heat. There are ways to maintain your garden without spending an hour a day in sauna-like conditions. In my next post I will give you specifics on what I am doing to prepare for the summer heat. My new methods and improvements will save me time, money and hopefully I will not lose nearly half as many plants, bushes and shrubs as I did last year. These are simple methods some have been used for years by folks who live in naturally hot climates. Some of these methods are free and some will cost you a few dollars but won't break the bank.  

You can also find me on these social media platforms Please subscribe to my YouTube channel. I will begin posting new videos again soon. 

Gardening on a Budget - Facebook 

Gardening Your Way




Comments