The H2O Garden Oasis Project






H2O Garden Oasis




I am excited to announce my new summer series The H2O Garden Oasis Project. Record-breaking temperatures have forced us to rethink what we plant when we plant and in some cases if we should even plant at all. COVID - 19 has forced us to make adjustments in our daily lives. Restaurants are closed, people are standing in food lines, farmers are forced to plow under billions of dollars of crops and supermarkets are experiencing shortages. These events have led to more people planting vegetable gardens in an effort to offset the cost of groceries. The one positive is that we are spending more time at home which gives us time to get our starter pots going. On the downside, many popular seed varieties are becoming scarce.













If this summer is anything like the past few summers we will need to be prepared for the predicted heatwaves.



For the past few months, I have been building my oasis arsenal of tools that will help me save water, money and time which will enable me to grow more food this summer. 




Some of these methods are free and while some will be low tech I have also purchased a few items that will pay for themselves over time. In the past, I have employed a few gardening methods to combat the heat but this year I have a new bag of trick. I am ready.






Shade cloth used to protect your plants from the harsh summer sun.

These are just two of the new tools in my arsenal to beat the summer heat.










NOAA said in the report that the 2019 Northern Hemisphere meteorological summer (June through August) was the hottest in the 140-year climate record, tied with 2016. The 2019 Northern Hemisphere land and ocean surface temperatures for the period were 2.03 degrees F (1.13 degrees C) above average. Sep 19, 2019




I hope that you will hang out with me this spring and summer so that we can combat the summer heat and produce good healthy food for our families and ourselves.
















Subscribe to my channel to find out how you can get the most out of your garden during the summer heat. I also have a surprise or two planned for this year.

Comments