Get Ready for Winter Gardening on a Budget

 Endless Summer


For the last three springs, I have expanded my garden so it seems only natural that since I have additional growing space that also expand my winter garden. We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic which means two things when it comes to gardening.  More people are growing their own food and people have less money.  That's where I come in.  My garden is unique in the sense that I think outside the box.  My style gardening style has become popular this year. I try and spend as little money as possible. In short, I garden with scraps, leftover items that most people would call junk.





Video

Here is my raised crate garden. I used crates, palets of leftover plastic, cardboard, and a roll of landscape fabric. The total cost of the project was $5.00





Furgal Gardening is contagious 

Here is a shot of part of what I call my dirt graveyard. Every spring I bust up this old soil take out the weeds, leaves and twigs so that I can reuse the dirt. 







One day my son-in-law spent the weekend. He got up early and came up with an idea. With a few old logs, salvaged air-conditioner screens, and dirt from my salvage pile he created this. 

 

Video





Last winter I grew spinach, lettuce and garlic, and onions in my convertible raised garden. In my next blog post, I will show you what I will be growing and how. Here is a hit. I will be growing SEVEN crops in triple the space I used last year. I will also tell you a little about this unique mini greenhouse.










 

Comments