Summer Theme Vegetable Garden 2022

 



Every spring I come up with a new theme to make gardening more fun for those who follow me on social media. In previous years it has been Think Small, Buy it or Build it, Food from the Food Network, etc. This year it's the color purple. While I was reading an article from Medical News Today this caught my attention. 

The purple color of fruits and vegetables indicates a rich antioxidant content, which may help to improve overall health and prevent health conditions, including heart diseasestroke, and cancer.


I have grown vegetables like eggplant in the past but now the market for growing purple vegetables has really opened up. Not too long ago I grew purple cabbage. I am in the planning stages but for now, I am looking at purple potatoes, eggplant, purple carrots. I am already growing grapes blueberries although they are not purple they are close enough. Daikon Radish is also on my list because I already have seeds. I am on the fence about Burgundy Broccoli. Tell me what your thoughts are and what you would like to see me grow this spring and summer?



                                                           Check us out on Youtube




 



Comments