Winter Gardening Preview




 






Here is a preview of the next video in my Endless Summer Series

















Winter Garden Station #1

Here is the first look at my improved mini greenhouse. Polycarbonate sheets have been added to the sides in place of plastic greenhouse sheeting.  I decided to use regular household insulation on the back panel because the sun does not reach that area. 








Winter Garden Station #2

This is my DYI mini hoop house or mini caterpillar tunnel. Inside the tunnel are old tots in which I am growing leafy greens. 



 













Winter Garden Station #3
This garden space was created from leftover soil and wood. I call it my rustic garden. It cost me roughly $40.00 to convert it for winter gardening. Follow my series and find out what I will grow in each of these spaces and in my bonus garden. 



My bonus winter growing station will go up in a week or two when it gets colder. 




I live in zone 6B where night temps are usually in the '20s but it seems like every winter we have one or two spells when the temperatures drop to below freezing this is why I use the heaver 6 ply greenhouse material. On average it will last me for 4 years. 


VIDEO






Comments