Why No New Homestead Videos?

 



The last couple of weeks have been a struggle, which in my case it means enjoying my success ( when it comes) even more. My family and I are in transition. We are on the homestead several days a week but have not fully moved in because until very recently there has been, lets say roadblocks in getting water. 

It is difficult, even with help to create a family garden from scratch especially with clay soil. So what happened? Saturdays are usually our most productive days because we have more help however the Saturday before last we got rained out.





We were already behind on planting so this set us back even further. A few days later we had a family emergency, a health scare that took a few days to resolve. Everyone is okay. 




Then there was the neighbor's dog. We had just finished digging holes and had planted 18 Kennebec Seed Potatoes. If you are following my journey you know that I have a trail cam. 



 So far there have been no wolves, coyotes or foxes but the neighbor's dog has been over several times mostly in the evening or after dark.  He promptly dug up all 18 potatoes. Which was very frustrating because we had to redo the planting which set us back even further.  This is not my first rodeo so after the replant my 7 years old nephew and I added garlic cloves to the surrounding soil.  Problem solved.  

Hey, it's not all doom and gloom, far from it. The property is stating to look like an real homestead. 

A few days ago when I was finally ready to give the first video garden tour I woke up with a case of laryngitis. According to Google it  should last about a week. My voice is coming back slowly. I think I would have been completely over it if I didn't talk so much but try building a homestead without speaking. 

If you would like to see the progress we have made in the gardens, yes there is more than one click the link below.










Comments